Friday, March 9, 2012

Mindy's CDO

We decided to dine out for my brother's birthday. He's a big eater so a buffet dinner would be just right. I also had an inkling of visiting this eat-all-you-can restaurant that serves crabs!

So we headed for Mindy's restaurant located at Yacapin st. When we went inside, the place was almost empty except for two separate tables where eldery men sat and ate and drank alcohol.

Mindy's CDO

the birthday boy

The place was gloomy. The last time I visited - years ago, I found it classy. Now, the place was not that well-maintained. The pictures on the wall frames were already fading. And there was a Britney Spears wallframe amidst the 50s and 70s icons?!? The menu was not presentable. Oh well, we came for the buffet dinner. But the place would have been more attractive if it was properly maintained - perhaps some renovations in some areas. 

water markings on the menu

Two nice things though were that they played classic songs - soothing to the ears. "Dream, Dream, Dream...Dreeeeaaaam". Made me want to go to dreamland while deciding to wait for the kinilaw to be served or grab a plate already and the start the food marathon. And the comfort room was clean and spacious.  

The eat all you can was at Php220.00 per person with bottomless iced tea. And an extra charge for left overs.

We had no competition on the buffet table. Only after 30 minutes were there other groups that came.

Chibog time!

Kare-Kare among others

Craaaabs!!!

Nom Nom Nom

My 1st serving

I just looove crabs

From left: jiemar, me, mother, and birthday boy

Busog na!

Mom and Big Little Brother

My lips were slightly swelling.. oh yeah, I'm allergic to crabs

How did the food taste? It was on an average - even the crabs (but I still grabbed a second serving of crabs!). From the menu, I tried the Kare-Kare(there wersmall lumps of peanut butter-not entirely mixed with the sauce),Fried Tilapia (a little salty and was not served hot), Pork Adobo (or Humba? Gee..I was not able to distinguish what it was), Kinilaw (big chunks-this I liked) and of course Crabs (I simply couldn't resist them - I didn't mind to having an allergy attack)! 

Anyhow, we were still full at that but not entirely satisfied with the meal. But the birthday boy ate all the way - with only  minor complaints. Good thing! 

Oops!


That's Mindy's.
So where was the dessert part?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, after reading thіs amazing ρaragraph i am too delighted
to shaгe my familіarity here ωith friends.
Feel free to surf my website ; Blu E Cig

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online