Sunday, July 8, 2012

Divine Mercy Visit

My family went together with my titas to visit the Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador. It's around 30 to 45 - minute ride from Cagayan de Oro City. Situated on top of a hill is a 50 foot statue of the Divine Mercy. 

Before entering, we were made to wear wrap around skirts (for the ladies) as part of their dress code. We had to walk a few distance to the shrine since vehicles were not allowed to enter the vicinity. 


Finally, I got to witness the Statue of the Divine Mercy. I was amazed at the sight of the very big statue - the biggest and the grandest I have seen so far.


 

We went upstairs to the prayer room to meditate and ask for God's grace. The place was really solemn.



I love the wide garden surrounding the shrine. 


"In silence, we discover God"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such an amazing place! But I hope it won't get vandalized by people.

Playgroup Singapore

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online